Monday 31 January 2011

ENVIRONMENT ESSAY

I don’t know what are the reasons about the changing climate maybe...
- Traffic
- Nuclear pollution
- Rubbish
- Industrial and factory pollution
- Disasters at sea
Most scientists now believe that pollution in the air is warming up the Earth’s climate. Gases such as carbon dioxide act like a sheet of glass above the Earth trapping the sun’s heat and making the air warmer than usual. This is called the greenhouse effect.
But, who knows? And I ask myself “What can I do?”
I think I can do lots of things, for example:
-Using renewable energy from the sun (solar panels), from de wind (windmills), from the sea.
-Recycling. In all towns we have special containers where we can separate paper, glass, cans... from general rubbish.
Going on foot, cycling or taking public transport (bus, tube,...) instead of my own car.
There are also several organisations like Friends of the Earth or Greenpeace who work preventing the earth’s natural resources; they try to educate people about the problems of the Earth in the future.
And now, I would like to ask you: what are you doing to save the environment at home, at work or school?

By Rosa

0 comments:

Post a Comment